Gmail has a really good software for filtering spam / junk emails. However there are some emails that are safe that even go into the junk folder. Below are some ways to prevent your safe emails going into the junk folder.
Mark messages as ‘Not spam’
- In Gmail, navigate to the spam folder.
- Search for emails containing the domain you wish to whitelist.
- Select all the emails shown.
- Click MORE and then “NOT SPAM” and “MARK AS IMPORTANT”.
Adding Contacts Using Gmail
- Go to your Gmail inbox.
- Open the email from the contact that you want to add to your contacts list.
- Hover over the contact’s name or photo with your mouse pointer.
- Click “ADD TO CONTACTS.”
How to set Gmail Spam Filter:
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Either click on the 3 dots on your opened email OR
Click the GEAR icon at the top right and then click SETTINGS.
- Go to FILTERS AND BLOCKED ADDRESSES and click CREATE A NEW FILTER.
- In the FROM section, type the email address of the sender that you want to keep out of your Spam Folder.
- Click CREATE FILTER.
- Check ‘NEVER SEND IT TO SPAM’ and ‘ALSO APPLY FILTER TO MATCHING MESSAGES’ boxes.
- Click CREATE FILTER again.